Sunday 25 September 2016

Unexpected Outcome In Qualifying For Kornfeil And Norrodin At Aragon

MotorLand Aragon, Spain – Saturday 24th September

Circuit: MotorLand Aragon
Circuit Length: 5.1 km
Bike #84 – Jakub Kornfeil
QP: P26; 1’59.705 – 14 laps
Bike #7 – Adam Norrodin
QP: P30; 2’00.606 – 15 laps
Today’s Moto3 qualifying at the beautiful MotorLand Aragon saw a disappointing end for the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team, with both riders qualifying outside of the top twenty.
Adding to the team’s frustration is a penalty of three grid places given to Jakub Kornfeil; this will reduce the Czech rider’s starting position to 29th place for tomorrow’s Spanish Grand Prix with teammate Adam Norrodin lining up next to him in 30th.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“We started the weekend quite well here and up until qualifying the riders were happy with their settings, so to be honest I don’t quite understand what happened to them this afternoon. We tried some new parts yesterday and the results were very positive, so it’s a surprise to all of the team that we were so far back today. Both riders could definitely have done a better job in qualifying. We really expected much more. We had good strategies, three new rear tyres for both of them and both options were available; they just didn’t go out with the right people and on their own they couldn’t get into a rhythm. It’s very disappointing for the whole team but we have to continue to fight for tomorrow. Jakub has shown he can be quick here but just today he couldn’t do it. With Adam we were quite surprised with his times in qualifying when he really could have been better. We will have to evaluate this more in tomorrow’s warm up and see what we can do to help him. When the race starts it’s up to them to get their head down and battle hard.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“I feel sad about qualifying today because 26th plus the three position penalty, means we start from the second-last row on the grid. This is going to make the race tomorrow very difficult. We had the speed throughout the practice sessions and we were focussing on the top five, top eight minimum as our target today, so for sure it’s disappointing! I was very concerned about getting another penalty in QP and I think I focussed too much on this during the session. I just wanted to go alone and not wait for any other riders. I was confident I could do it alone but the pace just wasn’t there. I’m sorry to the team.
We still have a chance to do well tomorrow, so we must focus on this now. Okay it will be hard starting from so far back on the grid but I still feel confident I can make amends for the result today and fight may way to a strong finish.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“Today’s qualifying is so disappointing. I didn’t feel that comfortable on the bike from the start and I had some chatter on the bike, but I cannot blame my result on this. Truthfully I found it hard to clear my mind and focus on making a good lap. The more I tried, the more I struggled to find my rhythm. At the end I was completely alone on track and I couldn’t do anything to improve the lap time. It’s going to be a tough race tomorrow but I will give it everything I’ve got. Now I have to stop and reset. Mental strength in racing is one of the most important factors. This is what I really have to work on but I’m determined to improve.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
New Drive M7 Vitamin Drink now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.