Monday 4 April 2022

Anis Nabilah wins Asean's Most Influential Chef award

 


KUALA LUMPUR: Celebrity Chef Anis Nabilah was named Asean's Most Influential Chef at the 2022 Asean Food & Travel Awards recently.

The 36-year-old personality who is under the management of Universal Music Malaysia expressed her gratitude to Tourism Malaysia for promoting Malaysia to the world.

"Congratulations to everyone for their hard work to develop this industry for our country and for Asean.

"It takes spirit, sacrifice and persistence to make it in this industry especially during the pandemic for the past two years.

"I can only imagine the struggles that some of them had to go through not just to be safe from the Covid-19 threat but their ongoing efforts as well. I salute them.

"I would also like to thank my family, my friends and my team at Universal Music Malaysia, Celebrity 360, for always believing in me and supporting all of my goals and dreams no matter how big they were. This is for all of you," she said during her acceptance speech.

Anis received the award from Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri during the event.

The celebrity, who has been in the culinary industry for the past 14 years, added that she was proud to see the further development of the industry.

"I am often queried on what I think of people who aren't chefs producing cooking content.

"And I always say that I'm happy and proud to see how big the industry has grown when comparing to the time when I first started out.

"I am also happy to have kept on doing this because it has opened so many doors for me.

"I travelled the world to share my recipes and met several of my idols at major international cooking events such as Worlds 50 Best Restaurants and Invite The World To Dinner which were held in Australia.

"That's where I first met Heston Blumenthal (famed British celebrity chef and pioneer of multi-sensory cooking, food pairing and flavour encapsulation).

"Not just see him, but we got to chat and exchange ideas and experiences as well," she said.

-nst online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.