Sunday 22 May 2016

Italian Grand Prix Concludes Difficult Weekend For DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team


Mugello, Italy – Sunday 22nd May
Circuit: Autodromo del Mugello
Circuit Length: 5.2 km
The DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team concluded a difficult weekend at the Italian Grand Prix with riders Jakub Kornfeil and Adam Norrodin finishing in 17th and 22nd place.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“Morning Warm Up was very good today, with Jakub especially; we found a very good setting that he liked. In the race Jakub made a great start and passed many riders on the first lap; by lap two he was ninth. Then suddenly we saw that he started to go backwards and was losing position after position throughout the race. He never really lost contact with the leading pack but he couldn’t make it to the front and was always at the back of the group. We could see that he made many mistakes running wide and going too tight into corners. He would gain some positions and then lose them again very quickly. Unfortunately today we are not satisfied at all. We were very confident this morning that we could fight in the top five and it didn’t happen.
Adam had a big crash yesterday so he was very sore in his body today. The target for him was just to finish the race, which he did. After the crashes he’s had it was more important for him to build his confidence back up on the bike and find his rhythm. It was not a great race in terms of times and position but it allowed him to gain some more experience and rebuild a more positive momentum. We will work through some more things with him here again tomorrow at the test, so we are as prepared as possible for Barcelona.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil: P17
“This morning we found a very good setting in the Warm Up and I really enjoyed riding. I went alone and made some good laps before finishing the session in fourth. After such a difficult weekend, struggling to be there from the start, I really felt like we’d made a big step and were prepared for the race. I had such a good feeling with the set-up in the morning, so I was positive about a good result today.
All I can say is that I was losing positions and I couldn’t pass anybody and make it stick; I couldn’t outbreak anyone. I felt as if I was always having to fight with the bike, with the people and it was very difficult. The only positive was the first lap when I overtook a lot of riiders to claim ninth place.
We have to forget this race as soon as possible; it was horrible. Okay 2.2 seconds behind the leader is not so bad, but 17th position is not acceptable.”
#7 Adam Norrodin: P22
“After a big crash yesterday the Warm Up session was quite hard because I had a lot of pain in my hand. I tried to just forget about it as much as possible, release my stress and just concentrate on the race. We started quite far back on the grid so my main focus was to finish the race and gain as many places as possible. In the first corner I got pushed out so it was not the best start for me. I found myself in a group of four; I tried to push more to pass them but they were all struggling to pass each other, so I didn’t have so many places to make a move. I would pass them in the corners and then they would just pass me back on the straight. Being in this group meant that we lost all contact with the rest of the field. We could see the others go so I wanted that we all just focussed on catching them first but instead everyone just kept fighting; this is why we lost so much time. I knew then that the group I was in was as far forward as I was going to get, so I just stayed back and concentrated on how I would pass them all on the last lap. I managed to win the battle which was good and finished 22nd but I’m very disappointed with the result; we should have been better. We have struggled quite a lot the whole weekend here so now we need to reset and refocus our attentions ahead of Catalonia.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.


Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx

Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also now available.
New Drive M7 Vitamin Drink will be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.