Sunday 8 May 2016

Difficult Day In Le Mans For DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team


Le Mans, France – Sunday 8th May
Circuit: Circuit des "24 Heures du Mans
Circuit Length: 4.2 km
DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team rider Jakub Kornfeil concluded the French Grand Prix in 9th place, whilst teammate Adam Norrodin failed to finish the race after crashing out on the opening lap.
Completing morning Warm Up in P3 (Jakub) and P15 (Adam), both riders were feeling confident ahead today’s Moto3 race.
Despite a promising start, race day at Le Mans saw a disappointing end to proceedings for Adam Norrodin, after a mistake on lap one saw the young Malay crash out in turn three.
Jakub Kornfeil made a strong start to the 24 lap race launching himself off the line and into the leading battle. Claiming four positions on the opening lap, Kornfeil looked in good form around the French circuit. Pushing hard the Czech rider worked his way up to 4th place but a small mistake on lap six saw the 23-year-old run straight on. Re-joining the race in 11th position Kornfeil worked hard to regain his rhythm and claim back valuable positions, crossing the line in 9th place.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“It was a tough race for us today. It certainly wasn’t the result we had expected after such a good weekend with Jakub. He made a good start to the race and stayed within the top six. The plan was then to move into the top five and go with the front group, which he did very well. He looked strong. Unfortunately he made a mistake and ran wide and this cost us the whole race because after this it was very hard for him to get back into a rhythm and catch those in front of him. Ninth is absolutely not what we were hoping for today and I’m disappointed with this. We just have to put it behind us now and focus on the positives; we are strong and the bike is working well, we just need to convert this into race results.
For Adam it is also very disappointing that he crashed on the first lap. This is not good. Although he collided with another rider it was not clever riding to position himself where he did and this is something he needs to work on. He’s had too many crashes this weekend and he needed to finish the race so now he really needs to go away and refocus for Mugello to come back stronger.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil: P9
“Today was a difficult race, especially the last fifteen laps. From the start it was good and I gained quite a few positions straight away. I was able to catch the leading group and I felt comfortable to stay with them. I made my way up to fourth and saw an opportunity to pass Navarro but in that moment I put the bike into fourth gear instead of third and it was this mistake that cost me the race. I couldn’t get enough engine braking so I had to go straight on, which cost me a lot of time and positions. After this it was impossible to come back. I passed some riders but it was not enough; the group was pushing so much in front of me. Top ten was not the target today and I’m very unhappy with this result. The bike has been working very well all weekend and it was prepared for the podium; it’s very disappointing for all of us. I feel sorry for the team because they have done an amazing job here and because of this mistake we lost everything. Now I have to regain my focus for Mugello. We know we are strong so we are looking forward to fighting back in Italy.”
#7 Adam Norrodin: DNF
“Firstly I want to say sorry to everyone, especially the team and sponsors because this GP has been tough with too many crashes. It’s so disappointing because in Warm Up we did quite well and I thought I was getting my good feeling back, so I thought we could make a good race. Unfortunately though my start was not good. I tried to pass some riders in the first corner but I wasn’t in a good position and another rider caught the front of my bike going into the third corner and I crashed out. For me this GP has been a complete disaster. We had a bad qualifying and started far back, then to crash out on the first lap is really bad. I have learned a valuable lesson here: I know I need to work on my riding more and improve myself. I must be much more focussed like before and work harder for the next race. I hope to be much better in Italy.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.