Friday 13 March 2015

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team head to Jerez for final preseason test

logo: SIC Racing Team facebook

Spain – Friday 13th March
Circuit: Circuito de Jerez
Circuit Length: 4.4 km
With the final Moto3 test at the Circuito de Jerez beginning in just four days’ time, the newly formed DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team head to the Spanish circuit feeling positive about the season ahead.
Following a successful seven day test program at the teams’ home track Sepang International Circuit, riders Zulfahmi Khairuddin and Jakub Kornfeil will be looking to capitalise on their progress made over the tree day test, in preparation for the opening round at Qatar, which gets underway on Thursday 26th March.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“It’s great to come back to Europe for the Jerez test. I think both the riders and the team are ready for this. Of course we still have a lot of work to do as it’s a completely different circuit to Sepang, but we achieved a lot with the bike whilst testing in Malaysia and we are feeling prepared for this three day test. We know our competitors have tested at Jerez already this year, so in that perspective we are a little bit behind them, but that’s for Jerez and I think Qatar will be a different story again. The whole team have been working very hard and although it’s only been a week since we returned from Sepang, we have still been working on things that we wanted to improve with the bike. I think both riders now feel comfortable with the team and with the KTM, so it’s all coming together very well. We learned a lot in Sepang and we were able to test a lot of different elements which we wouldn’t have been able to do in Europe, so it will give us a good start coming into this final IRTA test. Everybody will be on the same engines so I think it will give a better insight into where everybody is and who’s going to be up the front at Qatar, so let’s see what happens in Jerez.”
#63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin
“After seven days of testing at Sepang Circuit, I felt really good with the bike. I’m very happy with the base set up that we have and I’m excited to go to the Jerez test to see what we can do there. I think in Jerez we will be able to get a better idea about where we are because all of the Moto3 riders will be there. We still have a lot of things we want to try but I hope that we can be competitive from the first day. We have a good base setting from Sepang, which we should be able to use in Jerez too. Now we know the direction we want to go in and we have a plan so I’m confident we can do well at this next test. I feel very comfortable in the team; they are all very professional and really they are like family to me. I also get on well with my teammate Jakub and we can work together, which is an advantage for the whole team. Everyone is working hard so that we can be competitive throughout the season, so I’m feeling very positive right now.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“Our time spent in Malaysia was great; we worked hard and gathered a lot of good information. The work we did there we can also use in this next test at Jerez.
In this moment I can say that I am feeling very comfortable in the team. The mechanics are very good and they understand my reports and comments very well. This is the most important thing for a rider; when you are sitting in the box and you want to improve the bike, there has to be a good understanding between a rider and their crew to be able to progress. I feel good with my guys and with the rest of the team also, so I am happy about this. I think we are in a good position with the bike too. All is set up well, so now we just have to work on some small details to improve further.
The next step is to work on our race weekend plan and to try and make a simulation of this, to practice working quickly under pressure. This is very important to try to ensure precision whilst working against the clock. The test is the perfect time to work on this, so for sure we still have a lot to do in Jerez and this is one of the things that we will be focusing on during the final preseason test in Spain.”
-SIC Racing Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.