Saturday 13 February 2016

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Conclude Productive First Test At Valencia


Valencia, Spain – Friday 12th February 2016
Circuit: Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo
Circuit Length: 4.0 km
Today DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team concluded their second and final day on track at the Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo.
The two-day private test held at the Valencia circuit provided riders Jakub Kornfeil and Moto3 rookie Adam Norrodin, with their first opportunity to test out their new Honda NSF250RW machines.
Despite rain restricting riding on day one, both Kornfeil and Norrodin were able to complete a total of 99 laps each, giving them valuable time on track to learn the bike and collect as much data as possible.
Putting lap times aside, an eager Jakub Kornfeil got straight to work setting up his #84 machine. Making productive use of his track time, the Czech rider worked hard to familiarise himself with the Honda and assess a number of different settings.
The test also signified a positive start for Malay newcomer Norrodin’s first experience amongst fellow Moto3 riders. The seventeen-year-old impressed with his swift ability to adapt to his new surroundings, whilst focussing his attentions on finding a good base set-up.
The team will now head direct to Jerez where they will take part in a second two-day private test, in preparation for the official IRTA tests commencing in March.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“It’s been an in interesting couple of days here in Valencia. Unfortunately there wasn’t a lot of riding on the first day due to the weather but we have managed to work through a lot of things today. The team have worked very well and we’re making progress. It’s taking us a bit more time than usual as we are new to the Honda and everything is different to last year, so each part needs to be carefully tested. It’s a learning process; sometimes we take a step forward and sometimes we take a step back, but overall I’m happy with what we have achieved here. I’m very impressed with Adam, he’s professional and works hard; he is listening and working well with his teammate which is very good and he has done well. Also with Jakub it’s been good; we know we can do a lot better but we are moving in the right direction. It’s good to have two more days now straight away in Jerez, which is a track that both riders know well, so we’re looking forward to continuing our testing program there.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“It’s great to be back riding again. I like the Honda a lot, how it works and how it looks. Although Valencia isn’t my favourite track, I’ve enjoyed our two days here. The rain limited our time on track yesterday but we were able to do a lot more today. We tested many things in the front part of the bike and focussed on collecting as much data as possible.
The team is the same as last year which is great, so I’m happy with how we are all working together again. The Honda is new to both Adam and I so we haven’t really been focussing on lap times, however I did set myself a target for today which I reached, so I’m pleased with that. We don’t have all the parts yet so we will work more on this in Jerez, which is why we were also not pushing so much and instead concentrating on trying different settings with what we have. We understand the Honda a lot more now and I’m pleased with the progress we’ve made. I’m hoping for some better weather in Jerez; I like the track there a lot so I’m looking forward to getting to know the bike more and seeing what we can do.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“This test in Valencia has been good. I’m really happy because this is the first time I have been on a Factory Honda and I love it! It’s a big step for me moving into Moto3 but I’m excited about it. On Thursday we didn’t get so much time on track as the wind and rain arrived in the afternoon and it wasn’t worth the risk to ride in the wet on the first day. Today has been much better though and we were able to do a lot more laps and get a better feel for the bike. There are still a few things we need to try with my base set-up but overall I’m really happy with it. Jakub and I have also been working together on track, which is really good for me. The team are all great too and I feel very comfortable with them already. We’ve learned a lot here so I’m looking forward to continuing our testing at Jerez on Sunday.”


-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
M7 Energy Drink (European Version) also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.