Sunday 30 August 2015

Kornfeil Race Ready; Khairuddin Determined To Improve


Northamptonshire, Great Britain – Saturday 29th August
Circuit: Silverstone
Circuit Length: 5.9 km
Bike #63 – Zulfahmi Khairuddin
Qualifying: P29; 2’15.350 (DRY) – 14 laps
Bike #84 – Jakub Kornfeil
Qualifying: P13; 2’14.058 (DRY) – 11 laps
Jakub Kornfeil will start the British Grand Prix from the fifth row after qualifying in a respectable 13th place. Lapping alone the Czech rider consistently showed a strong race pace and is confident with a good start, he can battle with the leaders and push for a strong result.
Zulfahmi Khairuddin set his fastest lap time of the weekend in qualifying but was unable to make a significant impact on his position. Qualifying in 29th, the Malaysian rider will line up in the middle of the tenth row for tomorrows seventeen lap race.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“We had a decent qualifying with Jakub today; his bike is working very well this weekend and we can see when he is on his own he is competitive. We have a good package for him tomorrow. His starting position is maybe not we had hoped for but it’s the best in a long time for him, so this is good for the race tomorrow. I’m sure he can fight in the front group if he gets a good start. With Fahmi we have struggled again this weekend. FP3 didn’t go well but then in qualifying he said the bike was working quite well for him; in the end he should have done a better lap time. It will be very difficult to start from P29 and to fight for a good position, but we can’t give up, we have to push hard tomorrow and Fahmi has to try to do his best. You never know with the weather here too, so let’s see what happens.”
#63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin
“Today has been a really difficult day. In FP3 we tried something different on the bike, which I didn’t really like, so in qualifying we made it similar to how it was in practice yesterday. I felt a lot more comfortable on the bike in qualifying but I couldn’t get a good tow and this upset my rhythm. I think riding alone I could have gone maybe half a second faster, so for sure I’m disappointed about this. I hope that tomorrow the weather stays dry so we can continue with the set-up we have, but if it rains also, I will just keep my head down and try to push as hard as I can from the first lap.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“Firstly I have to say a big thank you to the team, especially my Crew Chief Mark because they have done another great job with the bike this weekend. In the morning we had a couple of problems with the tyre but overall the bike has felt great. For qualifying I’m very disappointed with my result because I know I could have gone much quicker with the bike that we have. Our downfall today was again the strategy. We have the speed and we could have been top five, so it’s very frustrating. In the end we finished thirteenth which is not so bad. The bike is working so well and I know we can have good battles tomorrow. With a strong start I’m confident we can get a good result here.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.

PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Polo T-shirt & Round Neck T-shirt is now available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
M7 Energy Drink (European Version) also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.