Tuesday 16 February 2016

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team @ Jerez Testing


Jerez, Spain – Monday 15th February 2016
Circuit: Circuito de Jerez, Spain
Circuit Length: 4.4 km
Today DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team concluded their private pre-season testing, after completing a final day on track at the Circuito de Jerez, in Spain.
On the first of two scheduled days at Jerez, rain and strong winds prevented those participating in the test from turning a wheel, following a unanimous decision amongst the teams not to risk wasting one of the ten crucial test days available to each rider per year.
As the sun came out for day two, determined to make up for lost time, Jakub Kornfeil and Adam Norrodin took full advantage of the improved weather conditions, completing an impressive total of 85 laps (Jakub) and 84 laps (Adam) around the 4.4 km circuit.
With just under five weeks until the opening round in Qatar, pre-season preparations for the team will continue with two official IRTA tests. The first will see the team return to Jerez at the beginning of March [2-4 March], followed by a further three days at Losail International Circuit [11-13 March], prior to the first Moto Grand Prix of 2016.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“We didn’t ride yesterday as the wind was too strong but luckily today was a lot better. We were able to do many laps which is important; we need as much time on track as possible to learn the bike and ensure that we are fully prepared for the season ahead. We still have things to work on and also the riders have more to give. For the next test we must collect more data and push harder. We need to treat it like a race weekend and give 100% from the start. Yes the bike is new but soon we will understand this and then it’s time for the riders to pick up the pace.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“Today was very productive for us. This morning weather conditions were good and we were able to try a lot of different things and we were consistently improving. In the afternoon I struggled to improve my lap time anymore. The wind started to pick up again and I couldn’t push enough. Also with the wind it stops you from feeling the changes, so this was quite frustrating. Nevertheless we were able to collect a lot of data which is very important; this is what we are here to do; not to set lap records but to learn as much as possible about the Honda. I did a total of 85 laps today, so we have a lot of information to analyse over the next couple of weeks. It’s not been easy here at Jerez but I’m pleased that both the bike and I are improving all the time; we still need to be quicker though. We have a lot more things to test, so I’m looking forward to continuing our progress at the next test in a couple of weeks.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“It was our first day on track here at Jerez as we were unable to test yesterday due to the weather. We did many laps today; It’s been hard and I have had a lot to work on but I’m happy that I was able to have more time to familiarise myself with the Factory Honda. My main focus here has been to get myself into a rhythm and improve my feeling on the bike. For me it’s all about building my experience within Moto3. I want to continue improving both my confidence and speed in preparation for the first race at Qatar.”


-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
M7 Energy Drink (European Version) also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.