Thursday 23 March 2017

SIC RACING TEAM Set For Season Opener In Qatar


Qatar – Wednesday 22nd March
Circuit: Losail International Circuit 
Circuit Length: 5.4 km
As the MotoGP paddock descend upon the Losail International Circuit for the first Grand Prix of the 2017 season, SIC Racing Team gear up for a strong start with riders Adam Norrodin and Ayumu Sasaki. 
Making his official Moto3 debut with the team, 2016 Red Bull Rookies Champion Ayumu Sasaki will be looking to make a solid first impression. Undeterred by his rookie status within the field, the 16-year-old Japanese rider is determined to battle hard and prove his ability within the Championship.
Beginning his second year with the team, Adam Norrodin is hungrier than ever to fight for the points and compete for the top spot. With his learning year behind him, the Malaysian rider is confident that he can use last years’ experience to his advantage this season. 
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“The weather conditions prevented us from doing as many laps as we would have liked at this last test in Qatar but overall the time we’ve had went well. We feel prepared going into this first race weekend and I’m confident we can be competitive from the start. The riders and team are all working well together; We’ve tested a lot since our first outing in Malaysia and both Adam and Ayumu are feeling comfortable on the bikes now, so let’s see what happens on Thursday. I just hope the weather stays dry and not too windy as it has been forecasted to be! The goal for Adam and Ayumu is simple; push hard from the start.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“We’ve done a lot of work during the pre-season testing and the outcome has been positive. The Qatar test was difficult with the weather but that was the same for everyone. It looks like there’s a big chance for more rain this week, so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens there. We have a good set-up and I feel happy with my bike. We’ve made good progress and I know we can continue like this. I like the Losail Circuit a lot and I feel that I have built my confidence even more over the last year, so it should be a good GP. I have my own target for this first race but I’m keeping it a secret for now! Of course I am going to give it everything I’ve got. I can’t wait to be on the grid ready to race!”
#71 Ayumu Sasaki
“I’m really excited for the first race of the season. I rode in Sepang last year for another team but I never got to finish the race. At that time I was nervous as it was my first experience riding in the Moto3 class but now we have been building since testing in Malaysia and I feel confident on my bike. We have a good base setting for Qatar and pretty good pace too. The bike setting we found in Jerez worked well here also in the test; we didn’t have many things to change, so I feel positive about the race weekend. My goal is always to win but to follow the front group and finish my first race in Moto3 is most important for this first Grand Prix.”
-SIC Racing Team.
PelanconganKini supports SIC Racing Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.