Saturday 12 November 2016

Day Of Adaptation And Progress For Kornfeil And Norrodin In Valencia

Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo, Spain – Friday 11th November

Circuit: Circuito de la Comunitat Valenciana
Circuit Length: 4.0 km
Bike #84 – Jakub Kornfeil
FP1: P23; 1’41.785 – 16 laps
FP2: P9; 1’39.949 – 12 laps
Bike #7 – Adam Norrodin
FP1: P21; 1’41.580 – 17 laps
FP2: P29; 1’40.672 –16 laps
The opening day of the season finale saw a challenging start for DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team riders Jakub Kornfeil and Adam Norrodin, who finished Friday’s Free Practice in 9th and 29th place respectively.
Following his second place finish in Malaysia, a confident Jakub Kornfeil was eager to get proceedings underway. Taking to the track for FP1 the Czech rider immediately became aware of a technical issue on the #84 machine, hindering his ability to progress for the remainder of the session. 
With some changes made to the Honda NSF250RW for Free Practice two, Kornfeil set about fine tuning his set-up. Wasting no time getting up to speed, the 23-year-old made impressive progress throughout the afternoon’s practice, launching himself into the top ten and concluding the day feeling confident ahead of Saturday’s qualifying.
Adam Norrodin used his first day to dial into the Valencian circuit and find his rhythm around the 4.0km layout. Making steady progress the young Malaysian worked hard to gradually improve his time and adjust his riding to the stop-and-go style needed. Norrodin showed good potential breaking into the top twenty on numerous occasions throughout the sessions. With less than one second separating him from the top ten by the end of the day, the 18-year-old is confident he will make the step he needs to qualify well tomorrow.
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“Today was very difficult, not only for me but for my mechanics and crew chief because we had quite a lot of technical issues, especially with the front forks. This meant we had a very slow start to first practice. My guys worked so hard and so fast to repair the bike for me in FP2. I didn’t have so much time in the second session so I really had to push every single lap to my maximum straight away. I did some good sectors but never pulled a whole lap together. Then in the end of the practice the plan was to go out with some faster riders and this time it worked well. I just focussed on the lap and finally I made a 1m39s lap time. I’m very happy about this because after such a challenging day it’s a good reward for all the team to finish in the top ten. Big thanks to my crew today. I feel ready for tomorrow.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“FP1 was quite difficult in the beginning because it took me some time to build my confidence on the bike around this circuit. In the end we made a good step and did a similar time to when we were here testing at the beginning of the year. We didn’t make many changes for afternoon practice as I felt quite happy with the set-up. We started on a used tyre and I focussed on gradually improving my pace. The lap time is not so bad but our position overall does not look good. I’m still confident about tomorrow though. We made a good step today on used tyres and I know if I can be clever and get in with the right group tomorrow, we can definitely go faster and better our position for qualifying.”

-SIC Racing Team.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
New Drive M7 Vitamin Drink now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.