Monday 11 April 2016

Kornfeil Adds To Championship Tally With More Points In Austin


Austin, Texas – Sunday 10th April
Circuit: Circuit of The Americas
Circuit Length: 5.5 km
The Grand Prix of The Americas concluded with mixed emotions for the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team after an incident on lap two saw Malay rider Adam Norrodin taken out of the race, whilst Jakub Kornfeil secured more points with an 11th place finish.
Starting from the second row of the grid, the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team were feeling positive about the day ahead, with both riders set to take full advantage of their grid positions.
Making a good start off the line, Czech rider Jakub Kornfeil worked hard to hold his fourth place position, whilst finding his rhythm around the technical 5.5km track.
Locked together in a close battle with the leaders, Kornfeil pushed to stay with the pack but struggling to maintain his pace, was unable to stay with the group.
Having started from an impressive sixth place on the grid, Moto3 rookie Adam Norrodin pushed hard off the line to go with the leaders, fighting his way into a respectable tenth place on the opening lap. Despite looking in good form, bad luck struck for the 17-year-old when he was hit by an out of control rider and taken out of the race on only his second lap.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“It’s been such a disappointing race for Adam today. He was hit by Ono on the second lap, it was a pretty bad hit and he couldn’t do anything about it. It’s a real shame; he made a good start and pushed on the first lap, then already on lap two it was over. I’m sorry for him because he was really looking forward to this race and I’m sure he could have finished in the points today. For Jakub it was a struggle from the first lap. He was not consistent throughout the race and his lap times were up and down, so now we have to check why. We have been struggling all weekend with him up until qualifying yesterday, but we still knew it would be a tough race. We should have been top eight at least today.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil: P11
“I’m very disappointed because I wanted completely different results today. I made a good start and everything was going well. I was P4 so I just tried to get my head down and push for the race. I was staying behind Bastianini and another guy and I felt quite comfortable but then they started pushing more and in that moment I started losing time and positions. When we arrived to the middle of the race the riders behind me started to catch me because I was making slower laps and was not able to keep the pace. Unfortunately they caught and passed me, so from there I was just trying to survive and collect some points. I wanted to pass them back but it was impossible; my tyre was completely gone. I felt so bad. I’m really sorry for the team because they did such a good job and we did a good qualifying, but in the end it was for nothing. In two weeks’ time we have another chance and this is what I will focus on now.”
#7 Adam Norrodin: DNF
“Starting the race I felt good on the bike and I was confident we could finish in the points; I was really hopeful for another good race. On the first lap we were not far away and I felt that I could stay there with the top ten. Then all of a sudden on lap two, I just remember going into the corner and seeing a tyre come towards my head. Ono hit me quite hard and completely took me out. I don’t know where he came from! My helmet was completely destroyed. I feel really disappointed because I know we could have made a good race.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.