Monday 25 April 2016

Fantastic Fifth And Solid Sixteenth For Kornfeil And Norrodin In Jerez


Jerez, Spain – Sunday 24th April 2016
Circuit: Circuito de Jerez, Spain
Circuit Length: 4.4 km
Under the sunny skies of Jerez, DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team riders Jakub Kornfeil and Adam Norrodin battled their way to a successful finish, crossing the line in 5th and 16th place respectively.
As the Spanish Grand Prix got underway Jakub Kornfeil was quick to get in the mix as he diced for a top spot amongst the leaders. Caught up with ten riders fighting for fourth place, the 23-year-old rode a clever race to win his group battle as the chequered flag came out.
Teammate Adam Norrodin had a tough task at hand starting from the ninth row, but determined to make amends for a difficult qualifying, pushed hard to better his position. Riding a solid race throughout the 23 laps, rookie Norrodin looked in good form as he fought his way up to 16th place, only just missing out on another point scoring finish.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“Today was a good race. Jakub made a good start and rode really well throughout. He pushed hard at the beginning to get into a good group, rode clever and won the battle for fifth. He finished strong; I’m really pleased with his performance today. We’ve took some big steps forward this weekend which we are very happy with and I hope it will continue like this for the next races to come. Top five is always our target, so I’m happy with what we achieved here.
Adam was fighting for the points today and was pushing all the way through. Unfortunately he couldn’t take 15th place for the points but he was close and rode a good race. We are happy with his result. We can see that Adam is getting consistently closer to the points which is impressive.
Overall it was a good end to the weekend for the whole team so we are looking forward to the next race.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil: P5
“I’m really happy for fifth place today. I wanted to win the battle in my group and that’s what I did. When I saw Binder get to the front of the group I knew he would be fast and want to break away and exactly this he did; unfortunately I was not close enough at the time to go with him so I knew I had to just do my best where I was. There were ten of us in the group for fifth and at the start we were swapping places quite a bit but then I decided it would be smarter to wait for the last four or five laps, learn where I could pass them, then make my move. In Moto3 whenever you pass someone they can immediately pass you back, so I knew it was better to stay calm, focus on my riding and see where each of them were strong or weak; in one or two laps at the end I passed them all. This was my plan, to go on the limit and make my move. Today we took eleven points and this is fantastic for the Championship.”
#7 Adam Norrodin: P16
“The race today was quite hard. At the start conditions were cooler so the grip was not so good, but as it progressed the asphalt warmed up and it was much better. I had to really push in the beginning to make a good start and gain some positions. The group I was in were really tough, always passing each other really hard. I was always watching to see where I could lose and where I could win, then I made a strategy for the last lap. I should have been further to the front on the penultimate lap but I dropped off the group a bit and had to push to catch them back up. I knew it was my last chance, so I took everything I had in the last lap and just went for it. I really wanted to pass Suzuki to finish in the points, but he was really strong in the last corner and I couldn’t do anything. He had good grip from the corners and was able to open the throttle earlier; there was nothing I could do to pass him. Nevertheless the race was actually quite nice. We had a bad qualifying so it was good to get this result today. We started 28th and finished 16th, which is good for us. I know where I made my mistakes so for sure I can improve for the next race, try to fix everything and do much better.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.