Malaysia Truly Asia X Cuti-Cuti 1Malaysia - Dekat Je. Visit Pahang Year 2017 + Visit Perak 2017 + Visit Beautiful Terengganu 2017 + Visit Sibu Year 2017 + Visit Hulu Selangor 2017 + Visit Klang Year 2017 + Visit Keningau Year 2018 + Revisit Pahang Year 2018 + Visit Terengganu Year 2018 + Visit Perlis Year 2020 + Visit Malaysia Year 2020. compiled and managed by Farsa
Monday, December 5, 2016
Selangor Homestay Operators Gained Recognition During Selangor Homestay Award 2015/2016
Unlike other form of services in the hospitality industry, homestay is a popular form of accommodation whereby visitors stay in a house of a local host in the city to which they are traveling. Guests usually benefits by experiencing the local culture and lifestyle first hand. Hosts’ family will usually adopt the guests as part of their family and they will live together for a period of time agreed beforehand. Homestays and adoption programs used to be popular among students who are participating in exchange programs but now it is the in thing among tourists and adventurous travelers who would like to experience Malaysia differently.
In 2008, a study noted that homestays benefited tourism in Malaysia in general and Selangor is one of the state that’s actively contributing. In recognition of the homestay operators’ efforts in Selangor, Ministry of Tourism and Culture has hosted the Selangor Homestay Award 2015/2016 Night at Grand Bluewave Hotel, Shah Alam Selangor.
Listed below is the winner of Selangor Homestay Award 2015/2016.
1. Top Domestic Tourist Arrivals Award : Homestay Kg. Endah
2. Top International Tourist Arrivals Award: Banghuris Homestay
3. Highest Homestay Income Award: Banghuris Homestay
4. The Most Promising Selangor Homestay Award: Homestay Batu 23 Sg. Nibong
5. The Best Homestay in Selangor Award:Banghuris Homestay
6.”Plant a Tree” Award: Homestay Sungai Sireh
7. Innovative Selangor Homestay Package: Homestay Bougainvillea
8. Homestay Media Award: Majalah Santai/Santai Travel
9. Selangor Homestay IKON Award: Ms. Ana Rafali
Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC) will be continuosly supporting the homestay operators in terms of budget and brand awareness and hope that the homestay industry will continue to flourish and prosper.