Monday 5 October 2015

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Optimistic Ahead Of Japanese Grand Prix


Twin Ring Motegi, Japan– Monday 5th October
Circuit: Twin Ring Motegi
Circuit Length: 4.8 km
Hosting the first of three back-to-back races overseas, the MotoGP paddock will start their journey in Japan, as the Championship heads to Twin Ring Motegi for round fifteen.
Containing two racetracks within its grounds, the circuit is the only one in Japan to feature an oval course, which was built by Honda in 1997 to help promote American motorsport culture.
Set amongst picturesque surroundings, the track is renowned for its stop-and-go characteristics which incorporates six left corners, eight right corners and four straights.
Both Jakub Kornfeil and Zulfahmi Khairuddin will be looking to take full advantage of the strong braking and acceleration zones on their KTM machines, as they battle to add more points to their championship positions.
#63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin
“Twin Ring Motegi is a stop-and-go track that I like a lot. I really like to ride tracks where there is a lot of hard braking, they suit my style well. In Aragon the bike felt great; we have a good set-up now so I hope that we won’t have to change much for Japan. My main focus for this next Grand Prix will be to concentrate on my riding, especially with a used tyre. We had a consistently good pace throughout the weekend at Aragon, so I want to continue like this. On Sunday the most important thing for me will be the first two laps of the race; this has always been my weak point but I know I can be competitive, so I will work hard on this.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“I’m really looking forward to the Japanese Grand Prix; I always have a good feeling when I go there. After Aragon we have another three points, so I hope at Motegi we can continue to build on this. I enjoy the three overseas races a lot, so I’m feeling positive that we can do well. For sure in Japan Honda will bring something and be strong but this doesn’t worry me so much. There are a lot of straights at Motegi so a strong engine will be important, but I believe we have this. We have shown before that we have the pace to be competitive. Our main focus will be the set-up for the stop-and-go parts of the track, so this is what we will be concentrating on from FP1. I think also Fahmi is coming closer to us now so I hope in Japan we can work more together and do well as a team.”
-SIC Racing Team facebook.

PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Polo T-shirt & Round Neck T-shirt is now available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
M7 Energy Drink (European Version) also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.