KUALA LUMPUR, 28 MAY 2019: Get ready your shopping bags for the much-awaited Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival 2019 from now till 31 July! This event coincides with the Hari Raya celebrations, which will see more exciting deals, discounts and events up for grab.
EVENTS, PROMOTIONS & ACTIVITIES DURING THE MALAYSIA MEGA SALE CARNIVAL 2019:
Malaysia Aidilfitri Open House Celebration - 28 & 29 June 2019
- The Malaysia Mega Sale event also coincides with the Malaysia Aidilfitri Open House Celebration this year. The national-level Malaysia Open House will be held at National Palace Royal Museum Kuala Lumpur (Muzium Diraja) on 28 and 29 June 2019 (Friday and Saturday). A host of interactive activities such as demostration on craft, traditional cuisines, arts and culture will be held during the event. All visitors are welcomed to participate in these activities.
Suria KLCC - 14 May to 9 June 2019
- Be entertained by a variety of performances the whole family can enjoy at Suria KLCC that includes a Mak Yong Dance Drama, The Malam Tujuh Likur Musical Raya Dance, traditional Malay dances from various Malaysian states, Kids traditional dances, Dikir Barat performances and Silat martial arts from 14 May and will continue until 9 June 2019.
Pavilion KL - 9 May to 13 June 2019
- In sharing the tradition of ketupat-weaving, shoppers are invited to learn the art and create their own decorative ketupat at the mall, or make them at home using materials of their choice. With every ketupat that is woven and collected at Pavilion KL, the mall will donate RM1 to charity, with a target of 30,000 ketupats pledged for charity.
Syarikat Pemasaran Karyaneka Sdn. Bhd. – 16 May to 4 June 2019
- Celebrate this Raya with Malaysian Craft by Karyaneka. Karyaneka will be at Centre Court, Mid Valley Megamall during this festive season.
Sunway Pyramid - 3 May to 9 June 2019
- Sunway Pyramid celebrates “Bunga-Bunga Raya” with great deals and bargains for all your festive needs! Sunway Pyramid will be rewarding shoppers with a jar of Yankee Candle. There will be various activities including succulent making activities. In addition, shoppers can also drop by our photo booth area, taking home instant memories at no charge at all!
Sunway Putra Mall, Kuala Lumpur
- 8 May to 2 June 2019
Pay a visit to the Aidilfitri Bazaar, where bundles of fashion apparels by local designers; Rumah Kebaya Bangsar, Natasha Ameer, Tom Abang Saufi, Salikin Sidek, Variante and many more, exquisite souvenirs, decorative items, delights await you.
- 4 May to 16 June 2019
Get crafty by joining the workshop every weekend & public holiday.
Sunway Velocity Mall, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur – 3 May to 9 June 2019
- Adorned with beautiful flowers and lights, enjoy exclusive redemptions when you shop at Sunway Velocity Mall. Enjoy performances by Yamaha, SEGI College, Eaton International School, HELP College, and REAL School. Bring your kids for the fun kids workshops and take part in the various contests throughout the campaign period!
Sunway Carnival Mall, Penang
- 18, 19, 25 & 26 May 2019 – 2pm to 3pm & 4pm to 5pm – Batik Painting
1,2,8 & 9 June 2019 - 2pm to 3pm & 4pm to 5pm - Wau Painting
Come on board a learning journey of Malay Culture by participating in fun interactive workshops such as Wau and Batik painting where shoppers can take this opportunity to reduce stress and boost creativity.
- 12pm – 3pm on 5 June & 4pm to 7pm on 6 June
Shoppers are welcomed to getting beautiful intricate henna designs drawn at their hands for free and families will also have the opportunity to take photos with different sizes of geranium flowers to be updated on their social media.
1Utama Shopping Centre -15 May to 9 June 2019
- There will be Raya related merchandises like traditional delicacies, house décor items, fashion and performance at the concourse.
IOI City Mall, Putrajaya – 25 April to 9 June 2019
- A wide array of Raya goods, from home décor to entertainment, fashion and food with more exciting promotions around the mall. Discover deals, enjoy exclusive Raya Gifts and so much more when visit our roadshows at lower ground centre court. Some of the exciting activities organised here include Aidilfitri sand art workshop, cultural dance performance and Raya ketupat making by Craftomon’s held on 2, 6 and 9 June 2019.
Avenue K - 10 May to 9 June 2019
- Celebrate Raya in style with a brand new wardrobe & makeup, handcrafted products, fashion accessories, festive delicacies, and so much more as Avenue K provides a one-stop Raya shopping experience featuring Pasar Seloka. The lifestyle pop-up event returns bigger and better this year, with more local artisans, independent makers, and homegrown brands. Be inspired as you shop for high quality, beautifully designed products that are unique to light up your Aidilfitri joy.
Intermark Mall - 20 May to 9 June 2019
- Immerse yourself in an ”En’chanting Raya’”with festive decor featuring vibrant batik motifs whilst you shop for seasonal favourites. Don’t forget to bring Raya cheer to your loved ones with a great selection of festive hampers and seasonal delicacies at Raya Delectable Fair by Jaya Grocer.
Johor Bahru City Square - 1 May to 31 December 2019
- In conjunction with JB City Square 20th Anniversary, every RM 200 spent in the mall earns you a chance to enter this lucky draw to win a FREE apartment at D’Lagoon by UMLand. A total of 12 additional lucky draw prizes are up for grab too, which includes Samsung TV, Ipad, Macbook, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Samsung S10 and GoPro Hero 7. In addition, every RM200 spent in the mall earns you a chance to enter this lucky draw to win a free apartment at D’Lagoon by UMLand.
R&F Mall Johor Bahru - 14 May to 14 June 2019
- Sesame Street 50 Years & Counting - Spend your family time at R&F Mall and experience a whole array of Sesame Street activities from inflatable slide playland, thematic photo gimmick area, exclusive Sesame Street’s merchandise area and kids coloring activities. What’s more, meet your favourite Elmo and Cookie Monster during meet & greet session!
- Take a wefie with your parents at R&F Mall, post it on Facebook and stand a chance to win a complimentary pampering session (e.g. massage, manicure & pedicure or hair treatment).
Central i-City -18 May to 9 June 2019
- Raya card making & ketupat making workshop, Raya pot painting & pebble painting making, Raya Batik Painting Workshop, Raya Gaya Tote Bag Painting Workshop, Raya traditional dance performance and many more fun activities and entertaining performances.
Central Market - 1 May to 31 July 2019
- Cultural & Heritage Tour Programme – Get to know the history of Central Market Kuala Lumpur and learn Malaysian culture through fun art & craft activities. DIY Gelwax/Batik Painting, Mengkuang Bookmark and Button Badge Decorating available as choices. Book your group visit and enjoy discount vouchers at selected shops! For more info/booking enquiries, please visit www.centralmarket.com.my.
- Weekly Performance: Cultural Dance - Catch a weekly showcase of tradition and enjoy the beauty of multi-cultural performance in Malaysia while dancing along during fun ‘Joget Lambak’ session. More info at www.facebook.com/centralmarketkualalumpur.
Da Men Mall -20 May to 9 June 2019
- Shop a wide array of merchandise at unique promotion booths filled with Raya hampers, handmade soap, cookies, cosmetics, Raya clothes and more.
Batman’s 80th Anniversary at Resorts World Genting - 10 May to 10 July 2019
- Come celebrating the Dark Knight with DC Comics exclusively at SkyAvenue for the first time ever in Southeast Asia. Fans of the Caped Crusader will be excited to know that Batman will be taking a break from protecting the grim city of Gotham and will be venturing to the hilltop of Resorts World Genting’s in conjunction with Batman’s 80th Anniversary from 10 May to 10 July 2019. Visitors will be awed by an 80-year Milestone Exhibition, Wayang Kulit (shadow play) shows and Meet & Greet. A must-see will be the world’s first Batman light ball symphony show at SkySymphony, SkyAvenue that features the famous searchlight. Exclusive merchandise custom made for Resorts World Genting will also be available. There will also be eight life-sized figurines on display as well as two Batmobiles and a Batpod. Also for the first time in Malaysia, a life-sized display of the Batman ‘Chibi’ family will be on show at Level 3 of SkyAvenue showcasing characters such as the Joker and Poison Ivy. Plus, for visitors who love to snap photos, a trick art wall will be on display.
The 11th Latin American Festival at Bukit Bintang (BB) Park – 30 June 2019
- The signature cultural event for the 11th time will serve as a showcase of the multi-ethnic and cultural diversity of Latin America and the Carribean, from 11 am to 6 pm. It will be a cultural experience for everyone to get familiar with different food, music, arts and crafts, heritage and culture of the countries. There will also be live Latin music and dance performances, lucky draw with attractive prizes such as two flight tickets to Latin America, tablets and smartphone to be won.
The carnival is an annual event by several embassies, namely Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico and Peru. Jointly organised by the Group of Latin American and Caribbean Countries (GRULAC), the event in collaboration with Plaza Low Yat, Federal Hotels International and the Latin Women’s Association of Malaysia, is supported by Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL).
1Utama Shopping Centre, 23 June 2019
- A 5KM fun run organized by L’occitane at Central Park, Bandar Utama. This event is aimed at creating greater awareness on fighting avoidable blindness as well as to raise fund to conduct eye care activities such as eye screening, glasses prescription for deserving primary school students and cataract surgery for lower-income adults with the help of Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital (Petaling Jaya) & St Nicholas Home (Penang).
PROMOTION, DISCOUNTS & REWARDS
As an official bank partner of Pavilion KL, Maybank card holders can get exclusive deals for 9 May to 13 June 2019.Shoppers can redeem a free Festive Pouch and one pack of Hari Raya packets with a minimum spend of RM500 in a single receipt or RM300 with Maybank Credit and Charge Card at specialty stores. They can redeem a Kielh’s Calendula Hydrator Set worth RM250 (unisex) and one pack of Hari Raya packets with a minimum spend of RM1,800 in a single receipt.
Enjoy exclusive rewards when you shop at Suria KLCC this festive season. From 10 May until 9 June 2019, Suria KLCC shoppers will receive a pair of candy jars and Raya packets with a minimum spend of RM1,000 and above in two receipts. Shoppers will also get one contest entry to win an exclusive dining experience for two with Chef Sherson Lian. While those who shop on weekends will have the chance to receive a limited edition “Kuala Lumpur Scarf” by dUCk Scarves and Raya packets with a minimum spend of RM3,500 in a single receipt.
Shop at IOI City Mall, Putrajaya from 25 April till 9 June 2019 and redeem specially designed limited-edition ‘Raya Packet’ with a minimum spend of RM 200 (HSBC Card Holders with a minimum spend of RM 100). This year’s Raya packet comes with different shades of green and beautifully designed details in gold color. Spent more, you can redeem a Raya Pillow with a min spend of RM450 (HSBC card holders with a min spend of RM 250). Be the lucky winner when you spend RM 450 and above in a single receipt, answer a simple question and walk away with amazing prizes. You may register & submit contest form at our information counter, ground floor
Central Market – Expected up to 70% discounts from 1 May to 31 July 2019 for all international visitors/tourist shoppers with an exclusive Tourist Privilege Pack – just present your passport at the Information Counter to redeem this pack!
Avenue K - A minimum spend of RM250 (RM200 for AK Neighbours Card members) in two receipts or less, entitles you to redeem a set of exclusive AK Raya packets, while stocks last. Enjoy meals for free with a minimum spend of RM500 in a maximum of two receipts. Avenue K will reward you with ‘Buka Puasa’ meals worth over RM100 from Samba Brazilian Steakhouse, Juan Valdez Café, Nene Chicken, Baba Nyonya, and Wrap ‘N Roll.This redemption is valid from 10 May to 9 June 2019.
24 May to 9 June 2019 will see the Genting Great Sales held at retail spots throughout the resort including SkyAvenue, Genting Highlands Premium Outlets, First World Plaza and Awana SkyCentral. Exclusive promotions will be held during this period with more than 430 participating outlets having sale with different deals. For sports lovers, spending of RM500 or above (in max. 2 combined receipts) from 24-26 May can redeem an exclusive Adidas C40 Climalite Cap. Ladies shopper will be most delighted to receive a Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm or a special Beaute Makeover with a photography session for spending of RM1,000 or above (in max. 3 combined receipts) from any participating outlet, only available during Genting Great Sale. Gift redemption is while stocks last.
Shoppers can treat themselves to some Royce chocolate and shoppers who spend RM500 in a maximum of two receipts (RM400 for HSBC credit cardholders) can redeem a jar of Yankee Candle at the concourse area of Sunway Pyramid from 3 May to 9 June 2019.
Shoppers are able to redeem a set of Raya Packets when they spend RM 250 (RM150 for HSBC Credit Cardholders and Sunway PALS Members) in two (2) receipts or a Raya Serving Dish OR an Orchid Flower Pot with a minimum spending of RM400 (RM300 for HSBC Credit Cardholders and Sunway PALS members) in three (3) receipts at Sunway Putra Mall.
Shoppers get to redeem gifts from three tiers when they shop at Sunway Velocity mall from 3rd May to 9th June. Shoppers who spend a minimum of RM200 (RM100 for HSBC credit card holders) in two receipts are able to redeem the “Cenderahati Aidilfitri” packets. Shoppers who spend RM600 (RM500 for HSBC credit card holders) over five receipts will be able to collect an exclusive set of glass bowls, just in time for a Raya Rumah Terbuka. Furthermore, shoppers get the chance to redeem a Universal Traveller 20” Luggage Bag when they’ve spent a total of RM1,500 (RM1,400 for HSBC credit card holders) in a maximum of six receipts.
Redeem a set of Cenderahati Aidilfitri Raya packet when you spend a minimum of RM200 (RM100 with HSBC credit card) in two receipts, and get an exclusive Kurma Jar with minimum spending of RM400 (RM300 with HSBC credit card) in two receipts at Sunway Carnival Mall Penang from 3 May to 16 June 2019. Terms & conditions apply. While stocks last.
Redeem a premium pack of limited-edition Raya packet and a batik pouch with a minimum spend of RM350 in a single receipt at any specialty store at Intermark Mall from 9 May to 9 June 2019. Or be one of 3 lucky winners to win prizes worth up to RM3,000 from World Kitchen when you post a photo of you and your friends and/or family at our Hari Raya décor on Instagram with #IMEnhantingRaya.
Shop at Central i-City from 9 May to 4 June. Spend a minimum of RM150 in a single receipt in any outlet to redeem 1 set of Raya packet set. Spend RM400 in 2 accumulated same-day receipt in any outlet to redeem 1 Raya Pillow. In addition to that, spend RM600 in 3 accumulated same-day receipt in any outlet to redeem 1 exclusive plate from 18 May to 30 June 2019. DIGI users are entitled to redeem at a lower spending entitlement.
In partnership with Public Bank this festive period, Da Men Mall rewards shoppers when they spend RM50 (RM40 for Public Bank cardholders) in a single receipt from 9 May to 9 June 2019. They will receive a set of special edition Pocotee & Friends Raya packets. In addition to that, shoppers can get a raya gift spin with minimum RM80 (RM60 for Public Bank cardmembers) spent in a single receipt mall wide.
Step into Johor Bahru City Square for your Raya shopping this month of Ramadan. With purchases of RM200 and above, you may redeem one pack of Limited Edition Raya Packets. For purchases from RM600 and above, you are entitled to redeem one Exclusive Raya Tiffin. This promotion will last for 27 days from 8 May to 3 June 2019.
From 17 May to 9 June, At R&F Mall Johor Bahru, spend RM100 (in a single receipt) to redeem one pack of exclusive R&F green packet. HSBC Credit Cardholders can redeem two packs with minimum spending of RM100 (in a single receipt). Dress up in your best Raya outfit & post a family wefie/selfie at R&F Mall on its Facebook and stand a chance to win RM100 meal voucher from ROUTINE by Soon.
GM10 Grand Prize Draw Campaign - Spend RM50 and above in participating shops at GM Klang from 17 June to 30 October 2019 and stand a chance to win 1 x Red Myvi or 10 x consolations prize worth RM20,000!
Celebrate this coming Hari Raya at Gurney Paragon Mall from 13 May to 9 June 2019. Redeem a gift and a set of exclusive Raya packet from them when you spend here. In addition to that, shoppers can win grand prize worth more than RM 10,000. Just spend RM300.00 in two combined receipts and entitled to join The Shopping Voyage lucky draw from 1 May to 31 July 2019. 11x lucky winners will be chosen. 1x Grand Prize and 10x Consolation Winners.
From 5 May to 4 June 2019, redeem an exclusive Plaza Low Yat Crystal Container with a minimum purchase of RM100 at any F&B and non-IT outlets; or RM250 at any IT-related outlets.
From 1 May to 9 June 2019, shoppers stand a chance to win a brand new Vespa or Honda Beat with a minimum spending of RM300 in a maximum of Two receipts at Mitsui Outlet Park, KLIA Sepang.
BACKGROUND INFO ON CONTRIBUTION OF SHOPPING ACTIVITY TO ECONOMY
As a sub-sector or segment of the tourism industry, the shopping industry has a significant role to play in the economy. As it is, shopping holds the largest share of tourist expenditures. Last year, tourists spent RM28.1 billion on shopping in Malaysia, which was an increase of 4.6% compared to RM26.8 billion in 2017.
Shopping constituted 33.4% of the total tourist expenditure in 2018 against 32.7% of the total tourist receipts in 2017.
Shopping is one of the most lucrative sectors of the Malaysian tourism industry. It has been included in the Tourism National Key Economic Areas (NKEA) with 12 Entry Point Projects (EPPs). To date, Kuala Lumpur has won several international shopping awards including the World’s 5th Best Shopping Destination by Expedia UK in 2016 and the 2nd Best Shopping Destination 2015 for Muslims in the OIC Destination based on CrescentRating and MasterCard Muslim Travel Shopping Index.
*This article provides information only and may be subject to change at any time without notice.