Saturday 25 June 2016

Steady Start For DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team On Opening Day At Assen


Assen, Netherlands – Friday 24th June
Circuit: TT Circuit Assen
Circuit Length: 4.5 km
Bike #84 – Jakub Kornfeil
FP1: P16; 1’46.888 – 7 laps
FP2: P17; 1’43.927– 16 laps
Bike #7 – Adam Norrodin
FP1: P25; 1’47.989 – 7 laps
FP2: P23; 1’44.545 –16 laps
As the Dutch Grand Prix got underway, the first session of the day saw intermittent weather conditions hamper the forty minute practice for the majority of the Moto3 field.
Under an overcast sky, light rain sporadically fell throughout Free Practice one, resulting in many riders returning to their box and ending the session over four seconds off last year’s circuit record time.
With a dry track and no further rain showers to disrupt play, the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team duo got straight back to work for the second practice of the day.
Rookie Adam Norrodin made a good start to his debut outing at the Dutch circuit. Riding the track for the very first time, the young Malay made positive progress as he focussed his attentions on finding his rhythm on board the Honda NSF250 RW.
Fine-tuning the set-up of his #84 machine, Jakub Kornfeil made steady progress in Free Practice Two. Despite losing time through sector four, the Czech man is confident of finding the improvements needed to better his pace ahead of tomorrow’s qualifying.
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“In first practice we didn’t make so many laps because of rain. In the afternoon the conditions were good but I struggled to be in the top twenty. I was riding alone to try and make my own line and understand the track better but unfortunately I was around 22nd position at this point. I decided to go with someone instead and the feeling on the bike was okay. We have been trying some new things today and it looks like they can work well, which is positive but we still need to work on our gear box for tomorrow. It’s stopping me so much in the corner and I’m unable to use all the speed that I want, so this is what we are working on now. I also have to be more focussed in sector four because this is where I am losing the most time. We finished 17th today but I feel confident that we can do a lot better for qualifying. We have to work really hard; it’s such a competitive class and the whole field is pushing all the time, so I have to get my head down and do the same.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“Conditions this morning were not good with on and off rain showers. We went out whilst the track was still dry but I only made seven laps and then the weather got worse. We didn’t want to risk anything so we stayed in the box. I was at least able to learn the layout and the braking points of the track in this session but the times were not there. Heading into Free Practice Two I felt a lot more relaxed about the session after making some good plans with my team. We improved throughout the session, which I’m very happy about and now we know we can improve even more tomorrow.”
-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also available.
New Drive M7 Vitamin Drink now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.