Saturday 7 July 2012

Mizz Nina set to ‘Take Over’ MTV World Stage


PETALING JAYA: Fresh from a double celebration, rapper Mizz Nina hardly has time for a breather as she prepares for next week's highly-anticipated MTV World Stage event. She has just returned from Bangkok where she celebrated her 31st birthday and first wedding anniversary with Noh Salleh, lead vocalist of popular local band Hujan.
Mizz Nina
The spunky performer is already gearing up to share the stage with international stars like Justin Bieber, Jay Park and Kara, saying fans can expect a great time at next Saturday's gig at the Surf Beach@Sunway Lagoon.
On the personal side, Mizz Nina (real name Shazrina Azman) said she had been having a blast over the past year, owing it to the synergy of her married life and blossoming music career.
“I have been very busy working on my career, especially after the release of my second album Take Over in May. Both of us (she and her husband) have hectic schedules. But it helps that we are from the same industry,'' she added.
Being a celebrity couple, fans have been rubbing their hands in glee over the prospect of a “celebrity offspring”.
Stressing that she had no immediate plan to start a family, Mizz Nina said “if the stork does decide to land, it will be a blessing”. “My best blessings have come when I least expected them. “So, if a little one comes along, I will regard him or her the biggest bonus of all,'' added the singer-cum-entrepreneur who owns fashion label Mizz Demeanour.
Mizz Nina, who catapulted to stardom after working with Grammy Awards nominees Flo Rida and Colby O'Donis, is scheduled to tour Hong Kong, Melbourne and Bangkok after Hari Raya. “The crowd response is really good. People are very open to the type of music I bring.
“It's more satisfying when others enjoy what I love doing,” said Mizz Nina, who added that she had no plans to go into acting. “I need to register for acting classes because I'm really bad at it. I won't mind cameo roles, though.”
Showtime is at 6.15pm. For details, visit http://worldstage.mtvasia.com/
-thestar online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.