Wednesday 19 October 2016

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Geared Up For Phillip Island

Phillip Island, Australia – Wednesday 19th October

Circuit: Phillip Island
Circuit Length: 4.4 km
Fresh from a positive weekend in Japan the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team arrive in Australia feeling confident of continuing good form, as they prepare for round sixteen at the stunning Phillip Island Circuit.
First opened in 1928, the picturesque circuit has undergone a number of transformations over the years, most recently in 1985. Renowned for its involvement in motorsport, the circuit plays host to a number of famous racing events, including the World Superbike Championship and V8 Supercars.
One of the fastest tracks on the calendar, the wide layout includes seven left corners and five right corners, with a straight reaching 900 metres long.
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“I think the track at Phillip Island can be very good for me; I like the circuit a lot. The only negative here is the wind. The circuit is very open and right next to the sea, so it can get very windy here, which makes riding a Moto3 bike rather challenging. We know this though, so we can prepare as much as possible beforehand. It’s a fast track which I like and I feel confident it will suit the Honda too.
Last year I had one of the best races here where I went from last to first place. Although I missed out on the podium in the end, I had some great battles and was in the top ten the whole weekend. I always enjoy riding at Phillip Island, so I’m really looking forward to getting started on Friday and seeing what we can do this year.
In Motegi I had quite high expectations but unfortunately we struggled with our set-up. I’m pleased we finished in the points but I’m positive we can do a lot better here. I think finding the right set-up this weekend will be a lot easier and I think our bike can work very well here.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“I’ve never been to Phillip Island before, so I’ve been watching some old races to try and get a basic understanding of the layout. The track looks really nice, it’s a very unique setting too so I’m looking forward to seeing it in person. I know it has a lot of high speed corners but I’m confident we can get a good set-up for this. I’ve heard that the wind can be quite strong at this circuit and cause some issues but I don’t really want to think about this too much. I prefer to stay positive and make a judgement on this when I have ridden the track myself.
Motegi was a really good weekend for us so I’m feeling very confident right now. For sure this GP will be a lot harder and I have to be realistic about my expectations but I still want to aim to be in the points. If I can be in the top fifteen here it will be great. I’m really happy with how we worked in Motegi so I want to continue like this; I’m feeling motivated and excited for the weekend ahead.

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
New Drive M7 Vitamin Drink now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.