Monday 22 June 2015

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Looking For Improvements In Assen


Assen, Netherlands – Monday 22nd June
Circuit: TT Circuit Assen
Circuit Length: 4.5 km
Round eight of the Moto3 Championship sees the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team head to the legendary TT Circuit Assen. Steeped in history the Dutch Grand Prix has played host to the Motorcycle World Championship since its creation in 1949. Renowned for its electric atmosphere that regularly attracts more than 100,000 fans, it is also the only race on the calendar traditionally held on a Saturday.
Known as ‘The Cathedral of Motorcycle Racing’, Assen is famous for its fast and flowing characteristics, which combine six left and twelve right-hand corners, with a straight measuring at 487m long.
After a difficult race weekend in Catalunya, Jakub Kornfeil is determined to come back fighting and will be looking to add more vital points to his Championship position. The Czech rider is hoping to find a better solution for his KTM machine by reverting back to previous settings used in Mugello, in order to regain his confidence and bounce back into good form.
Zulfahmi Khairuddin heads to Holland with a clear goal insight. Following a string of disappointing results, the Malaysian rider knows he must improve his performance and get his season back on track.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“After struggling so much in Barcelona I hope that Assen will be a better weekend for us. We need to get back to where we were before and I think we will. We have a good base but unfortunately it just didn’t work out for either of the riders at the last Grand Prix, but we have learned from this and now we must look forward and not back. It’s important for both riders to step up in Assen. Up until Barcelona Jakub has been making great progress and getting stronger every race, so I hope to see him return to his strong form. For Fahmi we have set a target that he must try to be around the top fifteen for these next two races.
Assen is a very nice track; it’s fast and flowing, which I think will suit both Jakub and Fahmi. It also has good grip and there are no bumps which will be good for set-up because in the last race the bike didn’t seem to cope with the bumps so well. I hope for good weather and a good weekend, then we can build from there.”

#63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin
“The layout in Assen is really nice; it has a good combination of fast and slow corners, which I really enjoy. I think our KTM works well in the slow corners but we still need to work on our set-up for the faster corners and especially where there are bumps.
I hope that the conditions will be good so we can really focus on improving our performance. This is my aim; to improve both myself and the bike. We have not been competitive enough, so we have a lot of work to do in Assen. We have to turn things around. The team know what they are doing, so from my side I must continue to stay focused, work hard and push myself to achieve more. I hope we can make a positive start in the first free practice and then continue to build on it from there. ”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“I’m really looking forward to the Dutch Grand Prix. I always like visiting Holland but what makes this round really special is all the fans; there is always such a great atmosphere at Assen.
I think it’s going to be another tough race, but this is normal because Moto3 is so competitive. The track and the layout I like a lot, which is important for me. It’s a very fast track, which suits my style well. Looking back at last year, I believe the KTM can be strong there too. I think it will work well at Assen, without any disadvantages like in Barcelona and I believe this will be a much better Grand Prix for us. I hope we can make another step forward; this is what I am looking for now because in Barcelona we took a little step back, which was very difficult. I hope now we can do a better job. I know the team has a lot more potential than we are showing, so I hope that we can be much stronger. This is the most important thing we must do in Assen; we have to come back fighting and prove what we are capable of. We have to show our speed and make sure that we are with the first group in the race.”
-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supported DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Polo T-shirt & Round Neck T-shirt is now available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.