Thursday, June 5, 2014

Malaysia Targets To Draw 2 Million Tourists From China In 2014

PETALING JAYA, June 4 (Bernama) -- Tourism Malaysia targets to draw two million tourists from China this year compared to 1.7 million last year.

Its deputy director-general (Promotions), Datuk Azizan Noordin said Tourism Malaysia was confident that more tourists from China would visit Malaysia this year due to the various promotional efforts carried out.

"The increase in the number of visitors from China helps Malaysia to generate more income from the tourism sector including its airlines and hotels," he said after launching the 'Hong Kong's Evolving Harbour' photo exhibition, here, Wednesday.

Also present were Hong Kong Administration Department secretary-general Carrie Lam, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office director Fong Ngai, Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) deputy executive director Daisy Lui and HKTB Southeast Asia regional director Simon Wong.

On the photo exhibition which started yesterday and would end on June 8 at the One Utama shopping complex, here, he said it was organised by the Chinese government with the cooperation of Tourism Malaysia to promote Hong Kong as an interesting tourist destination to Malaysians.

Earlier, Lam in her speech said HKTB was grateful for the support of the Malaysian government for the promotion. "Hong Kong has been drawing more and more Malaysian visitors, as last year we received 650,000 Malaysian visitors, an increase of almost four per cent over the previous year," she said.

Malaysian celebrity Aaron Aziz who was invited to the function, said he was proud to promote Hong Kong for Malaysians to visit. "Hong Kong has a diverse range of facilities for Muslim travellers and promises visitors a wonderful time in Asia's world city," he said.

-bernama.

No comments:

Post a Comment