Wednesday 15 February 2017

Season Starts At Sepang; Norrodin And Sasaki Ready And Raring For First Test Of 2017

Sepang, Malaysia – Wednesday 15th February

Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Circuit Length: 5.5 km
The SIC Racing Team will get their 2017 Moto3 campaign underway this week, as they take to the track for a four-day test at the prestigious Sepang International Circuit.
Returning to home soil, Malaysian rider Adam Norrodin is eager to begin his second year in the Championship on top form. Having spent the majority of the winter break following a strict training program in Spain, Norrodin is confident his improved fitness and experience gained in 2016, will allow for a stronger season ahead.
2016 Red Bull Rookies Champion and newcomer to the team Ayumu Sasaki, has also been carrying out an intensive training schedule throughout the winter. Sasaki has been preparing vastly whilst at home in Japan and also completed an intense program at a training camp in Guam.
The four-day test will be split into two consecutive days at a time, commencing with the first on Thursday 16th March.
Although there will be no official coverage or timings, further information and updates on Adam Norrodin and Ayumu Sasaki’s progress will be available on the teams social media pages.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“It has been a busy three months over the winter preparing for 2017, so we’re looking forward to putting everything into action this week at our first test of the season. To be able to be here at our home track in Sepang is great! This first test will very much be a shakedown for the team and riders, where we will focus predominantly on the set up of the new bike from Honda. 
With Ayumu we did a small test in Valencia at the end of last year which went very well and proved to be very useful; we now feel ready to get started here with the new bike. With Adam we are starting our second year together. We ended the 2016 season well with him, so we’re excited to see what we can do this year. 
We will have a lot of testing to do at Sepang so it’s good that we have four days on track to go through everything. Hopefully the weather stays dry.
For the Team this is the first year we will continue with the same manufacturer since we started and this means we have a lot of knowledge which we didn’t have at the start of last year. For sure our aim is higher for 2017.
We need to see how testing goes but we are feeling positive we will be competitive.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“I’m feeling very excited about this season. I have been training really hard over the winter in Malaysia and Spain and I have made a big step with my fitness. I feel physically and mentally stronger than before. This will be very important for this year because for sure the pressure will be greater; this is my second season in Moto3 so I know I have to step things up but I’m prepared! 
I can’t wait to start testing at Sepang this week. It has been a long time since I’ve been on my Moto3 bike and I have been counting down the days. I’m really looking forward to trying the new Honda and being back with my team. 
At this first test we will be working hard to get dialled into the new bike. This is the time to blow off the cobwebs and try some new things. I learned a lot last year, so I’m confident that I can use this to my advantage this season.”
#71 Ayumu Sasaki
“I’m really excited for this first test in Malaysia. My goal is to get used to 2017 Honda machine and really get to know my new team.
Over the winter I have trained almost every day and have been pushing hard to make my body stronger.
I’m really excited for this season because it has been one of my dreams to become a Moto3 rider. I think this first year will be hard and there will be a lot to learn but I will be giving it 100%. 
I’m really happy to be riding in the SIC Racing Team because everyone is so nice; it’s a really positive, professional environment to be in and I think we will all work very well together. I have also known my teammate Adam for four years already, which is good. 
This first test will be mostly about adjusting to the new machinery and working with my team to find a good base to go forward with. We have a lot to focus on, so I hope that we can have a very productive four days at Sepang. 
My target is always to fight for the top and push as hard as I can; I want to do my best with my team.”

-SIC Racing Team.
PelanconganKini supports SIC Racing Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.