Tuesday 22 November 2016

Red Bull KTM Ajo debut new Moto2 bike


11/16/2016 - Jerez Circuit, Spain
The new Red Bull KTM Ajo project in the intermediate class got underway in earnest this Wednesday at Jerez, in the first of two days of testing scheduled this week. The rider pairing for 2017, Brad Binder and Miguel Oliveira, had the chance to put in their first laps with the new KTM Moto2 bike, drawing positive conclusions amidst favourable weather conditions.

For Moto3 World Champion Binder, this was a first full day of riding onboard a Moto2 machine. The South African has been working on his fitness since sealing the title at Aragon, in anticipation of the increased demands of a Moto2 bike. Binder completed 70 laps on Wednesday. Miguel Oliveira, who returns to Red Bull KTM Ajo in for 2017, put in 84 laps in his first preparation for his second season in the class -and the debut of the KTM.

#41 Brad Binder
"We had a good day today at the Jerez Circuit. I enjoyed my first experience of the KTM Moto2 bike a lot. I've spent many years in Moto3 and it's a strange feeling to switch to a new bike. However, I am definitely happy with how everything has gone; basically I tried to adapt to the new conditions, and this takes time. Every time I went out on track I managed to go faster, and feel more comfortable. It all looks good for now and I can't wait to get back testing tomorrow."
 

#44 Miguel Oliveira
"It's been a very positive day with the KTM bike, with which we were able to put in a lot of laps. It was an important day for us, to compare the feeling between the bike I had ridden all season and this one, as I have things fresh in my mind. We rode without problems and tried a few things to test the reaction of the bike. We took things calmly, without focusing on being fast and instead looking to transmit how the bike worked to the team. Above all, I am very happy to be working with the Red Bull KTM Ajo again and enjoying myself."

-Ajo Motorsport.
Tourism Malaysia supports Ajo Motorsport in Moto2 & Moto3 categories of 2016 MotoGP.
www.malaysia.travel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.