Saturday 21 May 2016

Mixed Conditions Hamper Progress For Kornfeil And Norrodin On Day One At Mugello


Mugello, Italy –Friday 20th May
Circuit: Autodromo del Mugello
Circuit Length: 5.2 km
Bike #84 – Jakub Kornfeil
FP1: P11; 2’11.078 – 7 laps
FP2: P18; 1’59.954 – 19 laps
Bike #7 – Adam Norrodin
FP1: P30; 2’15.427 – 3 laps
FP2: P28; 2’00.607 –19 laps
Following overnight rain, the first of the day’s Moto3 sessions got off to a slow start, with many of the riders choosing to sit out the beginning of the 40 minute practice.
Keen to make a start and get to grips with the layout of the Italian Circuit, DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team rider Adam Norrodin was first out on track as the practice got underway. Despite his cautious approach the Moto3 rookie was immediately caught out by the tricky conditions, losing the front on a damp patch and crashing out in turn two. With his crew working hard to repair the #7 machine, Norrodin returned on track for the final six minutes allowing him valuable laps to learn the layout.
Waiting to see if conditions improved, teammate Jakub Kornfeil remained in the box for the first twenty five minutes of FP1, before heading out to complete seven laps and finishing the session just outside the top ten in 11th place.
With the sun returning for FP2, the Moto3 field resumed normal proceedings. Getting straight down to business, the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team duo worked hard to make up for lost time, focussing on the settings of their Honda NSF250RW machinery. Set back from their limited time on track, Kornfeil and Norrodin concluded the day in 18th and 28th position respectively, with work to be done for tomorrow’s Moto3 Qualifying.
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“Today was quite challenging. This morning the conditions were mixed after rain last night, so you had to be so careful when you touched the throttle. I wasn’t pushing for a lap time when I went out in FP1, it was more to study the track for the afternoon practice. In FP2 it was completely dry but I struggled to find a good feeling on the bike. It was like our first real practice and we finished the session quite far off. I know the bike has much more potential, I just couldn’t use it how I wanted. We finished in 18th position but the time is not so bad for this track, 1.4seconds off and it’s not so difficult to go faster here, so I’m keeping positive. Of course I’m not so happy with our results today; I think we could have done a better job. Tomorrow the track temperature and conditions will be completely different again, so I’m looking forward to this. I know I can go faster and improve for qualifying.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“In FP1 the track conditions were not good but as this is my first time here I still wanted to get out straight away so that I could learn the track. In the first corner I could already feel the rear tyre go; it was so slippery and I almost high-sided. As soon as this happened I completely backed off because I knew there was very little grip. I went slowly into the second corner, touched the throttle ever so slightly and as soon as I did I lost the front; I couldn’t believe it! I lost a lot of time in FP1, which was very frustrating. In FP2 conditions were a lot better, so I knew I had to concentrate really hard to make the most of it. The beginning went well and we were always on the first results page [top twenty]. We made a long run so that I could work on my feeling around the track and the time wasn’t so bad. In the end we changed the tyre and I improved my time, but when we compared it to Jakub’s data we saw that I am loosing so much time on the long straight (0.4 seconds there alone). This is something we have to work on for tomorrow. The rest of the bike feels good, I just need to focus more to be 100% confident with this track; there’s still a lot I need to learn here. I hope that FP3 will give me the opportunity to make a big step forward before qualifying.” 

-SIC Racing Team facebook.PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also now available.
New Drive M7 Vitamin Drink will be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.