Sunday 10 April 2016

Superb Second Row Start For Kornfeil And Norrodin In Austin


Austin, Texas – Saturday 9th April
Circuit: Circuit of The Americas
Circuit Length: 5.5 km
Bike #84 – Jakub Kornfeil
QP: P4; 2’19.068 – 10 laps
Bike #7 – Adam Norrodin
QP: P6; 2’19.469 – 9 laps
Securing a superb 4th and 6th position, Jakub Kornfeil and Adam Norrodin are fired up and set to battle in tomorrows Grand Prix of Americas.
Saturday in Austin saw the arrival of mixed weather conditions with intermittent rain showers causing tricky conditions on track.
Rainfall prior to Moto3 qualifying saw the majority of the field head out on wet tyres as the session got underway. With a rapidly drying track, Kornfeil and Norrodin were the first to make the quick decision to revert back to slicks, taking full advantage of the improved conditions, setting their fastest times and launching themselves into the top ten.
With sporadic showers continuing to disrupt the forty minute session, Kornfeil and Norrodin were unable to further improve their times, but due to quick thinking and a good strategy, the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team duo will start tomorrow’s eighteen lap race from the second row.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“We had strange conditions in the qualifying today. It started off wet but both riders thought smart and made a really good call to come in and change back to slicks straight after their out lap. They saw the track was drying out, so they knew they had to take the opportunity. Immediately they went faster and this gave us a good advantage ahead of the others. Both Jakub and Adam pushed hard but unfortunately another rider got in the way; they could have been on the front row. In any case, 4th and 6th on the second row will make it easier for both of them. Tomorrow is the race and what counts. For us whether it is wet or dry I’m feeling confident they can both do well. Thanks to all the team for doing a great job. ”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“I’m very satisfied with our qualifying position today. Compared to yesterday my bike was amazing and I think we did a good job. My crew chief and mechanics worked so hard; they had to change the bike many times during both FP3 and qualifying; not only tyres but rear suspension, rear shock, front forks, springs, all these things they did so quickly; they did a really great job! Of course then when I felt the bike was there on the track I knew I could push hard. We had quite strange conditions for QP, so as soon as we got a dry spell I just went for it. I enjoyed the riding today and I feel confident that even if it had stayed completely dry today, we still would have been up there and this is very important for tomorrow.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“Today’s qualifying was hard but it went really well. The weather kept changing so track conditions were quite difficult; at the start it was wet and then it dried up really quick. We came straight in to change back to slicks and then just kept going. I concentrated on trying to push hard because we didn’t know what would happen next. There were still a lot of clouds around, so it was difficult to tell. I hope tomorrow I can be competitive again. Starting from the second row will be great! I will push from the beginning to do a good job and I will take as much as I can for the mistake I made at the last race in Argentina. I hope to make another good race.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.