Tuesday 19 April 2016

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Set High Expectations For Spanish Grand Prix


Jerez, Spain – Tuesday 19th April 2016
Circuit: Circuito de Jerez, Spain
Circuit Length: 4.4 km
The DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team return to Europe ready for action, as the Championship embarks on its first European Grand Prix of the season at the Circuito de Jerez, Spain.
Well known by the majority of the riders, Jerez brings with it a sense of familiarity to the paddock. The popular track, used by many race teams for testing, incorporates five left-hand corners and eight right-hand corners throughout its tight layout.
Securing points at all three rounds to date, Jakub Kornfeil is looking to raise his game at the Spanish Circuit, as he sets his sights on achieving his best result of the season so far. Currently sitting in tenth place overall in the Championship, the Czech rider is eager to improve his performance and climb further up in the results.
Following another impressive performance that saw rookie Adam Norrodin qualify on the second row in Austin, the young Malay is keen to put his previous misfortunes from race day behind him, with a solid point scoring finish in Jerez.
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“I’m very happy to be going back to Europe; to be around the whole paddock again and all the fans and sponsors who are unable to attend the overseas races. There is always a great atmosphere in Jerez, so I’m very excited to race there again.
We found a good set-up at the previous tests in Jerez but of course you never really know if it’s going to work or not again because there are so many factors that can effect it from one day to the next. For sure we will have some changes to make. In the tests we made laps around the 1m47s times, which is not a bad pace, so we will start with this bike and go from there.
For me it is still important to arrive at a certain level with the bike, higher than what we have achieved so far. I must be more consistently in the top ten and challenging for the top spot. I have to be in the first group for the race because for sure there will be a big train; everyone will be so close because everyone knows the track so well. I must start strong to fight for the higher positions.”
#7 Adam Norrodin
“I have a lot more confidence after racing in Argentina and Austin, so I feel good about returning to Jerez for the Spanish Grand Prix. I have learned a lot from the first three races of the season; from the mistakes I’ve made to how to perform better and ride with the top guys. I’m hopeful that we can collect some more points in Jerez. I will try my best to do well from the start and make a good race.
We’ve had two tests at the Circuito de Jerez already this year, so I know the track quite well. Also in the tests we were not so far off, but for sure we can still improve. I think the bike is much better now and we understand it a lot more; I think we can make the next step.
For the set-up, we have data from the previous tests to go on but I think we will mostly keep it the same as in Austin; there are just a couple of things we will look at. I don’t want to change it too much because we have found a good base since Qatar. It’s more important for me to focus on my riding and continue learning.
I want to collect more points in Jerez for the Championship, this is my target. We will push hard together to make this happen.”

-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supports DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 merchandises are available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx
Drive/M7 x Nicky Hayden 69 merchandises also now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.