Sunday 15 February 2015

SIC Racing Team take to the track for Pre-season Testing

photo: SIC Racing Team facebook
SEPANG, 13 February 2015 - On home soil at the Sepang International Circuit, the newly formed SIC Racing Team will take to the track for their first pre-season test in just four days’ time.

With the opening race of the season less than two months away, the teams Moto3 Championship preparations are well underway. The crew recently travelled to the KTM Factory in Austria to build the two 2015 Moto3 bikes that riders Zulfahmi Khairuddin and Jakub Kornfeil will contest the season on.

Khairuddin and Kornfeil will board their new Factory KTM for the first time on Wednesday 18th March, as part of a seven day test schedule planned over a three week period. Following the Sepang test, the team will return to Europe where they will have just eight days before they travel to Jerez for their final pre-season test.
 
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“It will be great to get back on track again and start our testing program for 2015. It feels like it’s been a long winter but to be honest it’s not that long ago we were in Jerez doing our first test on the KTM Moto3 bike. However now we come with more experience into this test and we have the new 2015 KTM Moto3 bike, which is completely different to last years.

“It will be great testing at Sepang because we know the conditions are very good this time of year. We have seven days ahead of us with a pretty hard test program. The first three days of testing we will spend getting used to the new bike and for the riders to get back on track and basically do laps. They need to find a good position on the bike and to sort out a good base setting.

“Both Jakub and Fahmi have been riding a lot on the small bikes over the winter. They have been using the Go Kart track at Sepang, which has been a great help for them to keep up all winter and we have seen that they have enjoyed this as well.

“This year will be very hard as always in Moto3. To do well it is important that our pre-season testing is good and we start strong from the first few races. We as a team are prepared for this and I hope our experience will boost our riders as well. I expect both Jakub and Fahmi to do well and I know their target will be a top result.”

#63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin
“I am so excited for our first test at Sepang Circuit. I love to ride there and I know it will be the best track to test at because the weather in Malaysia is much better than in Europe.

“Over the winter I have been training a lot with my trainer. We have had a good program which has worked very well and I have also been riding a lot on the Go-Kart circuit with the small bike. I feel good right now and can't wait to ride the 2015 Factory KTM. I know it will be so different compared to the KTM that I rode in 2013.

“I’m feeling very positive about my new team. I feel good with all the crew. We have known each other since last year. They are good people, easy to communicate with and very experienced in racing and that's the most important thing for me. I believe we can work very well together.

“Heading into this first test, my aim is to get the feeling and confidence with the bike as quickly as possible and to do as many good laps as we can.”
 
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“I am so looking forward to the Sepang test because we will use our new KTM bike for this year. In this moment we are working hard and preparing through other sports such as motocross, bicycle, running and so on. But as everybody knows, this is just how everybody tries to improve. Reality will be next week at the Sepang test.

“All my winter break has just been about fitness and training at the gym. I have been improving my aerobic zone which can help me in long distance races. I have also been trying some aerobic and athletic exercises which can help me in coordination. Like every winter we are just trying to find ourselves in better condition. 

“I have heard a lot about the new bike and I saw also some pictures already, so I’m excited to ride the 2015 Factory KTM. I think that it will be important to test it very well. If we do a good job during our preseason tests it will help us in the races and to build a good momentum.

“For the test at Sepang I want to understand the bike as much as possible and I want to get in good relation with all the team members. That’s all I need.”

-www.sepangcircuit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.