Sunday 26 October 2014

Czech Kornfeil completes SIC Racing Team 2015 rider-line-up

Sepang – The rider line-up for the Sepang International Circuit (SIC) Racing Team 2015 is now complete. This follows today’s eagerly awaited announcement that Czech rider, Jakub Kornfeil, will partner Malaysian ace Zulfahmi Khairuddin in the SIC Racing Team next year.

The 21-year-old Kornfeil, who began his career at the age of six in motocross, supermoto and mini bikes, first took part in the Czech 125cc class in 2006. He went on to win the Red Bull Rookies Cup in 2009 and made his Grand Prix debut in 2010.

SIC CEO, Datuk Razlan Razali, who announced the participation Malaysian team in the world championship two days ago, commented that Kornfeil was an experienced rider. “Despite his age, he comes with an enormous amount of experience and will be a huge asset to the team.”

“I am sure he (Kornfeil) will combine well with Zulfahmi and together will form a formidable to-rider line-up. And with Johan Stigefelt as the team manager, we have a very strong package going into next year’s championship.”

Kornfeil said he was delighted to join the SIC Racing Team. “After five years in the World Championship, I am happy to be part of the SIC Racing Team for 2015. I have known Johan for a long time and for the last two years it has been our goal to work together, so this is a dream come true. I also have a strong teammate in Zulfahmi. I hope we can work together next year and do well as a team.”

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I want to thank Dato’ Razlan and Johan for offering me this chance. I’m really looking forward to it and I’m very happy to be able to stay with KTM. I’m feeling positive and I think we can make a great season in 2015.”

Stigefelt said he was thrilled to have the opportunity to work SIC. “I’m very pleased to be able to work with Sepang International Circuit and to embark on this new project together with them.

He explained that being based in Malaysia was advantageous to the team as they would be able to test in Sepang regularly. “This is great for our riders and I believe this will benefit them a lot.”

“I’m very happy to have signed both Zulfahmi and Jakub for our Moto3 Team in 2015. It was crucial to sign a Malaysian rider and Zulfahmi was the obvious choice for us. He is without doubt the best suited for this project, he knows the KTM and he knows the Championship well and we know he has great potential.

“It was also important to have another established and fast rider who can push together with Zulfahmi to get the results, for both himself and for the team and that I know is what Jakub is capable of. I have known him since 2012 and he has much talent. He is a dedicated rider who will work hard and I believe he can fight at the top next year.

Stigefelt added that the team had a heavy schedule in the pipeline. The team will be testing in Jerez in November and also at the beginning of next year. The testing will give the riders the time to get accustomed to the KTM Moto3 bikes which they will use next year.

“I wish to thank everyone involved, from the team members and our riders to Dato’ Razlan, CEO of Sepang Circuit and our partners in this project.”

-www.sepangcircuit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.