Saturday 26 October 2013

Stroud, Moore Share Lead On Third Round

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 26 (Bernama) -- American's Chris Stroud and Ryan Moore shared the lead with total scores of 12-under-par 204 after the third round of the 2013 CIMB Classic Golf Championship today.

Both Stroud and Moore were one shot off the lead before the final round tomorrow.

In the event held at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club in Bukit Kiara, near here, Stroud shot six birdies against two bogeys at the 12th and 15th hole for a four-under-par 68 to follow-up on the 67 and 69 he had shot in first two rounds.

"I'm going to put a few more reps in and get the swing a little bit sharper tomorrow and hopefully, go out there and give myself a chance.

"I know if you're not sharp on this course, you can shoot a pretty good number and my focus tomorrow is the same as it has been," said Stroud, who shot a five-under 31 on the front nine highlighted by four consecutive birdies from the fifth to eighth hole.

Stroud is playing in his 194th career event on the PGA Tour and this is the first time that he has led or shared the lead through 54 holes.

Despite struggling with his game in the second-nine, Moore is optimistic that he could produce another good result in the final round.

The 31-year-old was six-under for the round coming down the stretch and held a three-stroke advantage after completing the first nine but he bogeyed the 12th, 13th, 15th and 16th holes to let the chasing pack reel him in. 
"It was almost two different days out there. I'm rolling it well and if I'm putting well, I'm going to have opportunities and I know I'm going to make some birdies," said Moore.

Following with just one shot adrift were American Gary Woodland and Thailand's Kiradech Aphibarnrat in joint third placing with 11-under-par 205 after third round. 
Woodland, who won the Reno-Tahoe Open last season, quietly surged the leaderboard after carding a five-under-par 67 to conclude his third round with an 11-under scores. "I didn't think that would happen (tie in third position)...I'm in a good spot. I've been playing well. I would go out there and play well again tomorrow and see what happens," he said, in attempting his second career victory.

Kiradech continues to be the best Asian player in the 78-players field. 
"I feel very pleased with the way I'm playing. Three rounds, kind of mixed golf on the back nine. But, I'm working on my putting a lot from yesterday and that's helped," said the 24-year-old and current Asian Tour Oreder of Merit leader.

Meanwhile, former US PGA champion Keegan Bradley, who held a four-stroke lead overnight, fell back with a double-bogey on the 12th before dropping further shots on the 13th, 16th and 18th to card a four-over 76 that put him three strokes behind the leaders.

World number three Phil Mickelson mixed four birdies with a lone bogey on the fifth hole to finish five strokes off the lead.

-bernama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.