Friday 25 October 2013

Bradley Surges To Four-Stroke Lead On Second Day

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 25 (Bernama) -- American PGA Tour player, Keegan Bradley surged to a four-stroke lead on the second day of the US$7 million (about RM22.2 million) CIMB Classic at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club in Bukit Kiara here, today.

The 2011 PGA Tour Rookie of Year carded a score 13-under 131 for two rounds. 
In today's round, he shot seven birdies against a lone bogey at the par-four 13th hole for a six-under par 66 score to follow up yesterday's 65.

"These last two rounds were really fun. Some of the best golf I have played.
Obviously, I'm in a good spot here with two rounds to go," quipped the 27-year-old from Florida.

"I am very excited with the way I'm hitting the golf ball. When I'm hitting the ball like this and my putter kind of matches up. Normally, I'm going to be right in there contending for the tournament and that is the case here," added Bradley, who has won three PGA Tour competitions.

Bradley has won the HP Byron Nelson Championship and PGA Championship in 2011 and WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in 2012. 
On the remaining rounds, Bradley noted that he would continue his game plan.

"I will play the same, being aggressive. There are a lot of great players in the field that are going to be chasing me. So for me to go out there and shoot a good round tomorrow is going to be very important for Sunday," he said.

Meanwhile, overnight leader, Ryan Moore stayed in contention with a two-day total of nine-under 135, four strokes off the pace. 
"It's hard sometimes when you feel a really low score. But at the same time if I had just shot five under or four under and I was somewhere near the lead or tied for the lead, I would be happy right now...But, I'm in a great spot. Obviously, enjoying the course and playing well," said Moore, who scored an even par 72 today.

Current Asian Tour Order of Merit leader, Kiradech Aphibarnrat of Thailand also has a fair chance of winning the title after finishing today's round in tied third placing with America's Chris Stroud after a two-day score of eight-under 136.

"I just try to play my best golf. I don't want to force myself to win this event because it is not that easy to play with all the top players. I try to finish it high on the weekend," said the 24-year old.

Kiradech, who played in the same flight with world number three, Phil Mickelson and defending champion, Nick Watney in the first two rounds, noted that he had enjoyed playing with them. 
"Yes, I do. I quite enjoyed these two top players. I can't say I was playing better than the two of them. Maybe Phil (Mickelson) was not used to the type of grass and weather but the way he's driving the ball...he is still a world class player," said Kiradech.

Mickelson currently shares 25th placing with a two-day total of three-under 141 with seven other players.

Local pro Rashid Ismail stayed 18 strokes off the leader in joint 66th placing, while another Malaysian, Nicholas Fung who carded a 74 yesterday, finished with a 78 today. 
"I played good but my putting let me down. Maybe I tried a bit too hard. I have to improve on my putting. I have problems with my putting alignment. The ball keeps going to the left and if I can keep up my ball striking, then I think I have a good chance to improve my score," said Rashid.

-bernama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.