Monday 23 January 2012

Last-minute shoppers move in on discounts

JOHOR BARU: On Chinese New Year eve, shoppers made a beeline for the Johor Premium Outlets (JPO) in Kulaijaya for last-minute shopping.

Among them was car salesman Tan Soon, 47, who was looking for a special Chinese New Year gift for his girlfriend. “Since I just got my bonus, I decided to treat my girlfriend to a handbag of her choice while doing some last minute shopping after work.

“I also bought some new shirts to wear on the first and second day of Chinese New Year as I did not have time to do so earlier,” he said, adding that he bought his girlfriend a RM2,000 Michael Kors bag.

Cynthia Tam, a 37-year-old teacher, said she stopped by JPO with her family to look for good deals while enroute to their hometown in Malacca. “My children were delighted to find some new shoes and sports jerseys for Chinese New Year at slashed prices,” she said.

Businessman Ahmad Shahril Zainal Abidin, 32, who works in Kuala Lumpur, said he brought his family to look for further bargains at the outlets in conjunction with the festive season. “We decided to visit JPO after returning to my hometown in Kota Tinggi to take the opportunity to enjoy further discounts in line with the Chinese New Year. “I mainly spent money on shoes and clothes while enjoying an additional 30% to 40% off,” said the father of three.

-thestar online.

www.premiumoutlets.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.